Media & Government
Welcome to CLAC’s advocacy page. Here, you can find the information and quick facts about CLAC.
Do you have a work or labour relations question? Let us connect you with one of our many labour relations experts to get the answers you need.
André van Heerden
CLAC is not affiliated with any labour federations in Canada. As the country’s largest, national, multi-sector, independent voice for labour, we provide a different union perspective on the issues that matter to workers.
- We work with governments of all stripes, but we are non-partisan.
- We do not support any political parties or candidates.
- We do not tell our members how to vote.
We do meet regularly with government officials to discuss labour and economic matters, and contribute submissions on pending legislation affecting workers. We also attend some political functions to advocate for our members.
CLAC is part of the international labour movement as an affiliated member of the World Organization of Workers.
CLAC is focused on a number of key issues championed by our members, including:
- Investing in skills training and apprenticeships
- Raising the minimum wage
- Defending workers’ rights
- Supporting public services
- Engaging Aboriginal communities
- Upholding progressive labour laws
- Promoting workplace safety
Our News and Views
Visit Your Voice for the latest news, stories, and blogs from CLAC.